Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. What should surprise us was a jolly man with a list. His list amazed all with those naughty and nice. And this night Santa did appear with not a gift from his bundle, but a reminder to one who is befuddled. Who's house was Santa visiting? Why a house in Washington, DC for a man not worthy of reward. Whose soul was worthy only of a lump of coal.
The American Maverick Announces the 2014 "Political Lump of Coal" recipient...
United States Attorney General Eric Holder
Contemptuous Holder wins by turning his back on the Constitution
Holder offers a bottomless pit of qualifications for Santa's lump of coal. His alarming history stretches over year's of abuse of power and scandal. Here's some key factors for Holder's selection:
- Fast and Furious Scandal. Holder was the first U.S. Attorney General to be charged with Contempt of Congress due to his refusal to turn over thousands of documents about the government's gun running scandal in Mexico.
- Fort Hood Cover-up. Holder forced the DOJ to determine the shooting of 13 lives by Nidal Hassan to be ruled "workplace violence", not terrorism. Which caused military survivors and families not to receive full benefits.
- Suppressing the Press. Holder ordered investigations of members of the press including their families to pressure media from conducting investigative reporting on the White House. This involved the Associated Press and Fox News.
- Protecting Voter Intimidation. In 2008, members of the New Black Panthers intimidated white voters at precincts in Philadelphia. The case and all charges were dismissed by the DOJ under the direction of Holder. This was the most blatant case of voter intimidation in 20 years.
- War on Gun Owners. Holder spearheaded Operation Chokepoint, which squeezed hundreds of gun store owners access to banking and loans. Also, the DOJ approved every state's authorization that sought gun control enforcement. In addition, there were numerous DOJ and BATF raids that seized firearms from citizens without return of property or legal recourse.
- Instigator of Civil Unrest. Holder has been a central player in civil disobedience during his tenure. Notably, allowing the Occupy movement to persist in riots in multiple cities in 2011-12, and interjecting federal involvement with the 2014 unrest in Ferguson, Missouri.
Bottom Line: Holder is the perfect reminder to citizens about all that is wrong with the federal government. He is vindictive and all political in every action and every breath of the day. He is without a doubt the one politico that puts his loyalty and ideology ahead of the good of the country. Thank goodness he's resigning. He should have been gone long ago.
Runners up for the 2014 Political Lump of Coal: President Barack Obama, White House Counsel Valerie Jarrett, and U.S. Senator Harry Reid.