The American Maverick presents the 2nd annual award to highlight the most destructive political figure of the year - The Political Lump of Coal Award. With the current administration, a host of unsavory politicos were a plenty to choose from.
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. What should surprise us was a jolly man with a list. His list amazed all with those naughty and nice. And this night Santa did appear with not a gift from his bundle, but a reminder to one who is befuddled. Who's house was Santa visiting? Why a house in Nevada for a man not worthy of reward. Whose soul was worthy only of a lump of coal.
The American Maverick Announces the 2013 "Political Lump of Coal" recipient...
United States Senator Harry Reid of Nevada
Reid wins this dubious honor for the second straight year
Reid offers a bottomless pit of qualifications for Santa's lump of coal. Here's some key factors for Reid's selection:
- Reid ignited a hail storm of criticism in 2013 for going "nuclear" by changing long-standing Senate rules that give the ruling party a simple majority vote to approve government appointees and other important legislation.
- His actions along with the White House to force tax code increases in early 2013 further stagnated the nations economy.
- Do not forget his efforts to raise our nation's debt ceiling to over $17 Trillion. A bruising crush to taxpayers and generations of Americans.
- Reid has stonewalled practically every single bill advanced by the Republican led ?House. Including bills to unleash the market and job creating potential to resurrect our economy.
- Reid's mouth deserves a good soaping. He lays out scathing and baseless accusations on conservatives/Republicans without any merit.
Bottom Line: Reid is the perfect reminder to citizens about all that is wrong with the federal government. Harry is vindictive and all political in every action and every breath of the day. He is without a doubt the one politician that puts his party and aspirations ahead of the good of the country.
Runners up for the 2013 Political Lump of Coal: U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, President Barack Obama, White House Counsel Valerie Jarrett, and DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.